Hello there lovely Wedding Supplier!
If we have worked together at a wedding and you’re interested in using some of my images in your marketing then this information is for you!
Firstly, I am so pleased that you love my photographs so much that you’d like to use them to help promote your business!
I am happy for suppliers to use my images and I absolutely understand how useful it is to have professional images from real weddings.
I often receive numerous requests from suppliers or couples on a suppliers behalf, asking for image use, which as I am sure you can understand, takes up extra admin time. So, I’ve put together this simple guide related to image use and charges for suppliers.
I retain the copyright of all my images. My couples are given personal use of their images which doesn’t cover commercial use.This means they have not been grated permission to give images to their wedding suppliers; permission to use images has to come from me. One of the reasons for this is because I was finding too often that my images were being used and passed on to suppliers who didn’t look after the photographs. When I give you permission to use my images, I still retain the copyright.
OBTAINING IMAGES FOR ONLINE USE
• Images cannot be released to suppliers before they are delivered to the couple. It is safe to assume this will be within 12 weeks of the date of the wedding, but certainly not before 8 weeks.
• Between June and October, my time is focused solely on my clients and editing, so please don’t be offended if I take a little longer to come back to you during this time.
• High resolution images are supplied at £5 per image to suppliers, these will be digital downloads which will not be watermarked and can be bought directly from the full wedding gallery. This allows you to choose which images you’d really like rather than me guessing what you’re after. This fee covers my admin time and I hope will also encourage suppliers to recognise the value in the images they are being allowed to use. If you would like to purchase more then 25 images then I will offer a discounted rate which will be discussed via email. These images may be used on websites, blogs and social media, subject to usage rules, which are listed below.
RULES FOR IMAGE USE
• Images must not be edited in any way. This includes converting to black and white, applying filters, sharpening and cropping; although cropping to a square on Instagram is fine.
• I understand that crediting isn’t always possible in print, but a linked credit on the page or post should be provided wherever images are used online, such as websites, social media and blogs.
The required credits are as follows –
Websites and Blogs: Photo by Aimee Joy Photography – www.aimeejoy.com
Instagram: Photo by @aimeejoyphotography
Facebook: Photo by @photographybyaimeejoy
OBTAINING IMAGES FOR PRINT USE OR WITHOUT CREDIT
If you’d like to use the images in print (magazines, leaflets, brochures, wedding fair backdrops) or if you want to use the images online without having to credit me as the photographer the cost is £25 per image. For 5 or more images I offer a discount which again will be discussed via email. So the bigger the batch of images you’d like to purchase, the lower the cost-per-image.
SHARING MY POSTS VIA SOCIAL MEDIA
I am more than happy for any posts that I create through my Aimee Joy Photography social media accounts to be shared via on your social media account. Easiest way to do this is either via your Instagram story or Facebook news feed. This is a great way for you to receive free advertisement, for your work to be viewed by a larger audience, to connect together and build community within the wedding industry. Just please make sure you share the whole post and not just a copy or screenshot of the photograph used in the post. Also, feel free to get in contact with me so that I can tag you in my wedding photography posts!
Finally, the couples must have agreed to you using their images, so please make sure you’ve got permission from them first!
If you have any questions or would like to gain access to a gallery to purchase some images, then just send me an email via email@example.com.
I shall look forward to hearing from you and connecting with you soon!